Epic Careers: Office Coordination Assistant
Organization: Epic Technology Solutions LLC
Organization Contact: Eric Knific, Careers@MyEpicIdea.com, 432 N. Saginaw St. STE 207 Flint, MI 48502
Position Title: Office Coordination Assistant
Position Type: Part Time and Full Time Positions Available
Location: Flint, MI
Epic is an information technology company that is devoted to social responsibility. Using the skills of a highly talented team of professionals, Epic is responsibly enhancing the technological power of regional businesses, municipal governments and not for profits, helping them flourish. Their goal is to provide the technological foundation that Flint and the surrounding area needs.
Located within the University of Michigan – Flint Innovation Incubator, Epic enjoys amenities of a Live/Work environment such as on site exercise and relaxation areas and is just a short distance from the thriving downtown scene and its variety of restaurants. Epic also believes in recognizing its nimble and skilled team by bringing them into the Epic Life and its many perks. As Epic continues to expand, the goal of cultivating a top tier team of individuals who will shape its future are a top priority.
General Statement of Duties:
Coordinates company activities relative to new and/or existing procedure manuals and documentation. Performs a variety of clerical support duties in which the use of a Windows or Ubuntu based personal computer is essential; writes procedures and standards, maintains and updates companies library materials. This position will be responsible for working with customers to gather and/or disseminate information necessary in daily operations. Assist in social media marketing. Performs related work as required.
Performs assigned duties under the direct supervision of the CEO or designee who reviews work for accuracy and conformance to established procedures and policies.
May exercise working supervision over lower level employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains records in Quick Books of expenditures and fund balances, prepares and enters purchasing requisitions.
- Composes and types a variety of reports, manuals, memoranda, letters, requisitions, forms and other materials. Utilizes word processing and spreadsheet software to generate such documents.
- Maintains and files a variety of documents; schedule events; and to communicate with others.
- Takes periodic inventory of consumables and notifies supervision if re-order points are reached.
- Assists staff in training and problem-solving activities as required for specific software packages.
- Provides clerical support to the CEO/COO, including printing of training material, forms design, maintenance of standards and procedures manuals, and miscellaneous clerical tasks related to the operation of the company.
- Maintains a central reference library of manuals, publications and documentation. Maintains all necessary logs and ensures that all material is maintained current and secure.
- Researches and gathers a variety of data for use in preparing reports, or report information, in support of the Information Center.
- Performs as the liaison between the Information center and customers with regard to system availability and assistance requests.
- Prepares and maintains the payroll records, including timesheets, requisitions, leave records, and payroll distribution.
- Maintains scheduling of conference rooms.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- Proficient in Office Products – Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Power Point.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to type from plain copy at a rate of 50 words per minute.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of a based personal computer word processing and office automation software.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern record keeping management and operations.
- Considerable ability to maintain complex records and/or logs.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to make routine decisions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors and customers.
- Ability to work independently on projects and exercise judgment and initiative in analyzing problems and recommending solutions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Send an email entitled “Epic Office Coordination Assistant Application” to Eric Knific, Careers@MyEpicIdea.com with:
- Your Resume
- At Least 3 reference contacts
- A Cover letter